Vancouver, BC - Don't Miss It
If you're searching for travel information on Vancouver Tourism, then chances are you may be planning some Holidays in Canada. If you are thinking of visiting or just looking for some helpful information on this beautiful city, then here's a little insight into this beautiful city located on the west coast of Canada.
As many of you are probably aware, Vancouver was host City for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games and the Paralympic Winter Games. Vancouver tourism thrived as a result of these prestigious world events, inviting people from all over the world to the city at a time of year that is not necessarily considered your peak months for tourism. But tourists arrived from all over, enjoying the Olympic Games and at same time soaking in the sights of Vancouver, British Columbia.
Vancouver Tourism is Soaring!
Vancouver, BC Canada, considered to be one of the world's finest cities and honoured over the years with countless awards for being one of the world's top travel destinations, most liveable cities, and also voted as one of the 'Top Cities of the Americas'. The list just goes on and on with nothing but good things to say about Vancouver. For those planning holidays in Canada and in particular to the west coast, then we at Holidays for Family, recommend Vancouver and Victoria as the two top "must see" places to visit.
The scenery is simply spectacular, from the beautiful North Shore Mountains, ocean views to colossal nature parks for biking and hiking in and around the city. Vancouver is known for its great natural green space, including the world renowned Stanley Park which borders the Pacific Ocean. The climate on the west coast is ideal, with mild year round temperatures and very little snow. Instead of the frigid cold and snow of other Canadian Provinces, Vancouver enjoys rainfall instead, keeping things green and beautiful year round.
Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada with an area population of over two million people. Tourism Vancouver is considered one of the area's largest sources of income and employment opportunities for many inhabitants. This area receives almost 3 million visitors each year, many arriving by Cruise Ship from May to September.
Plan a trip in your Recreational Vehicle, fly into the city or drive, it doesn't matter. There is always a place just waiting for you and your family. Need a campground, motel, B & B or luxury hotel? No problem, Vancouver has something just right for everyone!
Vancouver Tourism - Invites You and Your Family
There is so much to see and do in this city it would take a book to cover the possibilities. Here are a few exciting things for you and your family to do when spending some time in this grand city.
• Stanley Park - a must see visit! Walk, bike, drive or take a city bus tour around this magnificent park bordering the ocean side. Voted as one of the best parks in the world.
• Canada Place - stroll this amazing facility, British Columbia's biggest tourist attraction. Located at the waterfront, housing the World Trade Center, Vancouver Convention Center, Pan Pacific Hotel, Cruise Ship Port and much more.
• Robson Street - conveniently located downtown for shopping, dining, bars and much more! The city comes alive at night on Robson Street!
• Granville Island - hop a water taxi and explore art galleries, various shops and boutiques. Also, visit the outdoor public market and restaurants.
• Grouse Mountain - take the sky ride to the top of Grouse Mountain and view the city high above on our local ski hill. Many hikers enjoy climbing this mountain side known as the "Grouse Grind." Enjoy a casual meal at the top or plan an evening of fine dining while taking in the spectacular night scenery.
• Chinatown - one of the largest in North America. Stroll around in the evening when the streets are closed to vehicles and open markets are put up for shopping.
• Vancouver Aquarium - a must see visit with many ocean exhibits and shows.
• Capilano Suspension Bridge - walk this 450 foot bridge in over the Capilano River. Located just minutes from downtown, yet escape to nature and the beauty of British Columbia.
The list is endless of exciting things you and your family can do when visiting this great city. Vancouver tourism is thriving, so why not start planning those Holidays in Canada today! You won't be disappointed.
Robert Tellier offering travel tips and much more for: Holidays in Canada.
For more detailed information, please visit: Holidays for Family
Sharing special tips, destinations and much more making family travel stress-free and enjoyable.